promotion + html posts

liesje liz at ohmazing.net
Mon Sep 26 07:57:42 EDT 2005

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Sc'Eric (aka darkFIN) wrote:
[snip stuff about plain text being behind the times]

No one says you can't include a url for a flyer or for the event website
in your post. There is a place for html and that place is not on an email
list. (Is there really any question about the makeup of any "goth scene"
being full of geeks and nerds? Didn't half of us start out in tech
support?)

The "modern club goer" (as you put it) might need a visual - and it would
seem to me that these are the kids - and the kids are active on the lj
community where the downloading of image files is voluntary.

That being said - I'd go to a show advertised via ascii art in a
heartbeat.

Is there still an non-discussion announce list? IIRC that was always the
safest bet for people unable to constantly check their mail.

Liz
(early-morning grumpasaurus)