show lists

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Thu Apr 20 16:45:54 EDT 2006

Quoting j eric townsend <jet at flatline.net>:

> >A friend of mine was wondering if there were better ways of finding
> >about local area small shows than thisishappening (which apparently is
> >really awful at keeping up with the small shows).

sites like this is happening only list shows that people send in.
so if a lot of people don't send their listings there, it won't be on there.

> >Manny, are you still running an ML for your upcoming show
> >announcements?

yes but i am not always so good about sending it out. sometimes i forget :)
however,
if you want to subscribe, it is an automatic d-list that i can't control.
you send an e-mail from your address to list-subscribe at mit.telerama.com
and it automatically adds your address.
if you check garfieldartworks.com regularly you will find out most of what i'm
doing too (i also list my non-GA shows there for the most part).

  Or if
> >there are other avenues of automatic pesterings of such things?

not that i know of but if you aren't totally lazy you can easily take a few
minutes to check:

pghgoth.com
pittpunk.com
wrct.org  click on music calendar

venues  modernformations.com   quietstormcoffee.com   garfieldartworks.com
therobotoproject.org (also click on the roboto discussion board where many
people also post listing for non-roboto shows)  rextheatre.com
clubcafelive.com  etc etc

> >Yah, I know, we've all become lazy with the internet.  :)
there's another alternative. it's called go to a record store and look at the
flyers on the window/counter/bulletin board
(Pauls' CDs. Eide's. Record Exchange Sq Hill. Jerrys. CD store in Oakland
by the Upstage. Brave New World. dave's music mine.)