Tomorrow at Ceremony!

Brian J. Parker brian.j.parker at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 14:46:36 EDT 2006

On 8/18/06, manny at telerama.com <manny at telerama.com> wrote:
> Now, if you were referring to the Detroit dark-rock band Spahn Ranch (which
> later became Majesty Crush) who played here with The Garden etc in '88 and '89,
> that would be old school (as least as far as Pgh's goth scene is concerned).

For those too lazy to do the math, that means that there are legal
drinkers who were, like, four years old when these shows happened.

That's old school.

Me?  I probably was playing Legend of Zelda, or Zork on my Commodore
64, having watched Ducktales after school earlier.  This was before I
was really into goth (circa '91, I think, after seeing The Sisters of
Mercy on 120 Minutes on MTV), but I might have been drawing the Faith
No More logo on my schoolbooks in late '89.  I'd heard about BBS's but
would have said "Inter-what?"

Bartender, a prune juice and vodka to go with my clove cigarette, please.