triphop, old-school goth-rock, IDM, noise, power-tronics, etc....

j eric townsend jet at flatline.net
Tue Feb 21 13:30:15 EST 2006

Even in the SF bay area it was hard to keep any sort of downtempo/IDM club packed.  I think it worked really well in chill rooms or spaces that were set up for some other event or purpose like cafes, social clubs, etc.

I don't know if I'd go to a club just to hear IDM and blip hop, but if I were going out with friends for drinks I'd pick a bar that  had a DJ spinning this sort of music over one with a jukebox.

The other week I had dinner at Brillobox, it seems like the perfect place for this sort of thing.