local electronic acts, an example

Megan Irvine mirv01 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 10:51:14 EST 2006

--- "Brian J. Parker" <brian.j.parker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, I just needed a break here, since I'm knee-deep in the new
> generation of SQL Server "Yukon."  Those of us who are
> forward-thinking may have been playing with betas two years ago and
> really coming to understand the .NET/CLR and XML integration, but I'm
> now getting interested in the way the technology is bringing data
> mining to the masses in the same way Kraftwerk said "everybody can
> make music."  You can have large churches or small chain stores doing
> the kind of sophisticated analyses that were once the purview of huge
> organizations with a large, dedicated I.T. staff.  If you're hip at
> all, you realize that this has very real consequences for all of us,
> given the changes in the way everyone will relate to their customers.

I know exactly what you mean. It seems like everyone and their
grandmother is writing their own web search engine these days...

Megan Irvine aka mirv, aka Mavi, aka DarkThreads
http://people.tribe.net/mirvana
"Only let the moving waters calm down, and the sun and moon will be reflected on the surface of your being." --Djalal ad-Din Rumi