triphop, old-school goth-rock, IDM, noise, power-tronics, etc....

manny@telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Wed Feb 22 20:02:48 EST 2006

> Manny, you don't know who I am or where and with whom I spend my time.
> Your statement is utterly ignorant.

No I don't know you are and it doesn't matter who you are. You tell lies
about my place, about me, make unreasonable expectations which are based on YOUR
ignorance of the idea of seeing a show at an 'art space' and lay the blame on
me instead. Your statments are utterly ignorant.

> Right. And there is nothing crass about freezing your ass off while
> sitting on a metal folding chair.

No one asked you to sit. You can stand up like people do at many shows in other
venues.
You are cold, ask me to turn the heat up.
I've got plastic and wood chairs too. Your little insults don't fly.

 And there's nothing crass about
> calling your patrons "shitbag", "asshole" and "lazy fuckface."

when you are a liar I will call you whatever the fuck I want.
I am not calling my 'patrons' these names. Just you. Period.

> I'm not telling you that you need specifically a coke machine. I think
> soda is bad for you. I just brought up because when I was there, you
> didn't even have that, or even water to drink. Art galleries usually
> have water fountains.

'Art galleries usually have water fountains'? FInd a water fountain in
Moxie Dada, Boxheart, Modern Formations, Silver Eye etc. You won't find one.
Give me a break with your demands. WHo the hell is going to install a water
fountain, and what is so hard about crossing the street to get a bottle of
water? Answer: nothing. Unless you just wanted to grumble, Which I think you
did.

> > But hell, if you want to invest your money and open a whole fancy > upscale
> cafe like the Warhol has, be my fucking guest. I have other > things to do
> than spend time folding up pita wraps or whatever.

 I like to
> know that part of the money that I pay to get into shows actually goes
> to the bands - unlike what happened the two times I played for you,
> and got shafted. I have no desire to donate to the United Manny Fund.

Fuck you. The money ALWAYS GOES to the bands. You are full of shit.
Nor did I 'shaft' you. I don't need to know what band you were in, because
I operate the same regardless of who the band is.
If there was money to be had for locals, you got paid.
regardless of who you are, and if there wasn't enough money left over after
covering national act costs, you didn't. Because if so, then there' weren't
enough people at the show, which means you didn't draw flies. It's that simple.
I pay local bands extremely often, as often as I can. You are a whiny shit.

> I'm glad that you know all about what I should be doing. I guess it's
> the Intelligent Dance Music that makes you so smart.

You should be patronizing nearby businesses instead of complaining about the
fact that garfield artworks is not a fucking bar, cafe, or supermarket.

> Manny, I rarely drink alcohol. I just find it pleasant to find that a
> place where I'll pay money to spend several hours has running water
> and perhaps a person running it who won't call me an asshole. I guess
> that makes me a pretentious douche-bag.

The place has running water and always did. You say anything else, you are a
liar. And i call liars douchebags.

> I did as a few people who were there. I would have asked you
> personally, but you weren't even there, at your own show.

Again you are a liar. I am always at my own show.

Again, FUCK OFF.