9th Anniversary of Ceremony/zombies

Kelly Ashkettle kellyashkettle at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 16:22:08 EST 2006

Oh, forgot about Soldiers & Sailors being in Silence of the Lambs! That will be easy; we'll have to do that. Thanks, Adam!

  I'm sorry to say that I don't get your reference to the events of 2014, though. Can you elaborate?

  Thanks,

  Kelly

Adam Rixey <arixey at gmail.com> wrote:
  I think Homewood cemetary is where the original Night of the Living
Dead was filmed, but I may be mistaken.

Lots of places around Oakland were used in other horror movies.
Serpentine Drive in Schenley Park, the rear doors of Wean Hall, and
Mellon Institute were all in Romero's "Monkey Shines" movie. Soldiers
& Sailors memorial is where Hannibal Lecter was imprisoned until he
stole a security guard's face. And the whole city was used in
"Striking Distance", which was terrifyingly awful.

You may also want to point out that one engineering building at CMU
which will be the flashpoint of the great robotic uprising in 2014.
May as well get in some early good graces with our new cybernetic
overlords while you can.

And kitty treats aren't as yummy as Beggin' Strips.

On 1/24/06, Kelly Ashkettle wrote:
> Hey guys.
>
> I haven't been back to the 'Burgh since 2004, so I'm excited to come visit this weekend!
>
> I'm looking forward to eating all the yummy kitty treats that Tara is bringing to Ceremony this Saturday, and to playing many of the greatest hits of Ceremony's first 6 years, mixed with some of my (and what appears to be your) more recent goth, electroclash, and dark indie favorites.
>
> I'll be in town for Saturday and Sunday. I'm bringing my boyfriend, Kevin, who is very excited to be traveling to the land of George Romero's zombies, and I told him I would try to give him the zombie tour. I'm surprised, though, to realize how little there is in Pittsburgh in the way of zombie memorabilia. There should be a zombie museum!
>
> Do any of you have some ideas for things I can show him besides the Monroeville Mall (site of Dawn of the Dead)?
>
> --KellyA
>

> Tara Tempalski wrote:
> Saturday January 28, 2006
>
> Join us as we celebrate the 9th Anniversary of Ceremony, Pittsburgh's
> longest running goth/industrial/electro club night!
>
> They say cats have 9 lives...in many ways, Ceremony is like cat, as in
> no matter what seems to happen it always lands on its feet. It also
> tends to like dangling objects that wiggle and sometimes licks its own
> butt. Though we hope Ceremony will have many more lives after this
> one, it's a crazy world out there with hurricanes, tsunamis,
> earthquakes, fires cause by flaming rodents, and various other
> disasters that Pat Robertson thinks we deserve. Could this be the end
> or the start of new era? Either way you'll want to be there.
>
> For this event the cat's dragged in very special guest and founding
> Night Shift member DJ KellyA to spin alongside veteran DJs Circuitry
> and Hiem. Plus there will be a variety of audio / visual /
> confectionary delights for all! Don't miss it!
>
> Ceremony is held at The Upstage, 3609 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA
> 15213 every Saturday, 9pm - 2am. 18+ ($6) 21+ ($5).
>
> http://ceremony.pghgoth.com
>
> http://www.livejournal.com/community/pghgoth/
>
> http://www.myspace.com/ceremonypghofficial

Adam Rixey