Chill out man...

j eric townsend jet at flatline.net
Sun Jul 9 12:02:56 EDT 2006

At 11:58 AM -0400 6/26/06, Brian J. Parker wrote:
>I'd like to throw in that in Pittsburgh, most regular dance-oriented
>nights aren't rented by promoters; the venue instead pays DJs some
>kind of salary.  Live music events are usually rented by promoters.

I spoke with the guy who runs Brillobox, right now he's letting performers keep the door and Brillobox takes the bar and kitchen.

That being said, I don't know how big of a turnout you need to have to get on his schedule or what his requirements are.    He's a nice guy and really into working with local artists, he's letting dorkbot pittsburgh use the upstairs for free for our monthly salon.

(And if it matters, he and his partner are from NYC and came here to start a bar/restaurant tied into the arts scene.)
--
jet / KG6ZVQ
http://www.flatline.net