Numan/Combichrist

Chris Rapier rapier1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 14:04:26 EDT 2006

On 7/14/06, manny at telerama.com <manny at telerama.com> wrote:

> not going to matter in terms of more profit for venues.
> the tax is figured into ticket prices.

I'd think that if the ticket prices remain stable then the additional
3% not going to the amusement tax would stay with the promoter or the
venue. So if a show is $5 then instead of 40 cents going to the city
on each ticket only 25 cents would. Which doesn't seem like a huge
amount but since the profit margins can be so small I'd think that
every little bit would help.

Unless smaller shows just don't bother with the amusement tax. Of
course, I'd think this would be mostly an issue for the mid sized
venues (in which this city is sadly lacking). Obviously I could have
all of this wrong.