Thanks for Rocking!

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Thu Jun 1 05:42:13 EDT 2006

Joseph-

I am glad your show went as well as it did.

However, if you had scheduled the event at Garfield Artworks, as most of the
gothic and industrial events have been for the past two years or so (both
through me and through Jim's Distortion Productions), the event would not have
to have been moved, nor would it have cost you as much to produce (I know what
Jerry O'Neil costs to hire for a night and it's $250 more than you would have
had to pay me). Even if less people came overall, you could have broken even
with half the attendance you had, as well as much less headache.

I was well aware of the shadiness of the Oakland Cafe situation (it was evident
by how hard it was to even get in touch with the owner in the first place).
That's why I never tried to do anything there, and it was predictable that this
would happen.

And had the show been at Garfield Artworks, you could have certainly given the
groups what you initially guaranteed them, rather than depended on them to be
nice and 'flexible with their pocket book'. Not that it's your fault, but
Jeremy David turns out to be quite a hypocrite if he lets you slide, while
getting mad at me when his band didn't draw on two separate occasions. (If you
remember the exchange where he couldn't even remember what venue it was or
whether it had a bathroom - turned out he was thinking of the Shadow Lounge
where I did the Brides show).

You did what you could and proved to be very resourceful for your first time
out, and for that the scene should be thankful. I look forward to hearing from
you soon.

-MT 412-361-2262