Thanks for Rocking!

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Thu Jun 1 14:56:40 EDT 2006

Quoting Mordant Productions <mordantproductions at yahoo.com>:

> Thank you for the offer. I am keeping the Garfield Artworks in mind for
> future
> shows and I'll let you know if I think of something that would fit that
> space.

I am emphasizing that the may 28 *would* have 'fit the space'.just fine. We have
a capacity of more than 200. In fact, the whole reason why bringing up
the 'old argument with Jeremy' (which by the way, he started only two months
ago over a show that happened a couple years ago, so the actual argument
isn't 'old' at all - he dredged it up recently, out of nowhere) is relevant, and
why you shouldn't be 'less than thrilled' that I brought it up, is because
indeed - the fact that Thou Shalt Not was *on* this show, and the whole reason
Garfield Artworks *wasn't* an option for this show, was directly *because* of
Jeremy and that argument. I have no question one of the main reasons GA was not
considered for this show was due to that argument. If you had said to Jeremy,
"Let's do the show at Garfield Artworks" he would have then said "No I don't
want to play there." So it is entirely relevant. Just because this is your
first show and have no past to reference doesn't mean that *I* have to ignore
and forget things that happened in *my* past.

 > I just want to make it clear that due to the tremendous support of the scene,
> we were able to pay the bands all of the initial gaurantee.

That's not what you said at first. You said something to the effect of thanking
them for being flexible with their pocketbook.That would indicate to me a
financial compromise. If that was actually not the case, then I apologzie for
making the assumption, but I only did it based on your initial statement.

And if it's also the case that you *didn't* lose money despite all of this -
which would be a miracle in such a situation - then my hat's off to you.