Thanks for Racism?

Brian Pennington cellophanesky at mac.com
Fri Jun 2 15:38:44 EDT 2006

	Excuse me, I don't mean to put words in anyone's mouth, but are you
honestly trying to justify saying that one racial / national group
are more reliable than others? Because that's is a generalization
that we most often refer to as racism. I know plenty of shady Jews as
well as reliable, Italians of every shape and variety, and the one
Egyptian I've ever known was more reliable than anyone else I know
put together (AND introduced me to the Velvet Underground when we
were teens). He was an exception to the rule but just because his
last name was Al-Hajj doesn't mean he neatly fits into any sort of
stereotype. There are always exceptions to stereotypes.

	Assuming that this one venue owner ripped someone off, he would join
the ranks of the assholes of the world, who come in every shape and
color, swarthy or un-. If you think you can pick them out in a crowd,
good luck, and I wouldn't keep much cash in your wallet if I were you.