Thanks for Rocking!

gwen gwenix at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 16:53:16 EDT 2006

On 6/2/06, manny at telerama.com <manny at telerama.com> wrote:
> Sorry, but you're wrong.
>
> Your logic is flawed. Of course we now know it's only about the dark aesthetic
> and not the money. But let's go ahead and follow your line of reasoning
> anyway(ignoring the fight with Jeremy, which he could have put aside
> for scene solidarity's sake, being that it was *Joe's show*, not mine).

As Adam pointed out, I was referring to the distance from the other
venue.  Considering that most people found out when they walked up to
the old venue, this is relevent, and very important.

> But note this:
> I wouldn't have 'made $200'. I'd have asked Joe for at most
> $100. Maybe less - I might have just said let's wait and see. Certainly not
> $200. That would have saved him $100 or more right there, compensating him for
> at least half of those 30-40 lost people.

You yourself said you'd have charged $200 to this list in the past 24
hours.  I was working with the data you provided.

> Here's why I think you've posited a faulty argument:
>
> You don't go to Garfield Artworks.

What's that got to do with anything?  And you're only half right, I
have stood outside the door to GA once.  I was dropping someone off, I
had homework to do at the time.

> For all I know, I've never seen you at a
> venue on Penn Avenue, period.

You're probably right about never seeing me at a Penn Ave venue,
though the implied assumption that I've never been to one is
incorrect.  Hell, I sang at a concert at a venue on Penn Ave just two
weeks ago.

> You don't know the facts of what I might charge
> to do a show at GA,

No, I don't.  As I pointed out, I was going on whatever it was you
said you'd charge.  I guess I was mistaken in thinking you'd know
yourself.

> and it doesn't look like you even know how easy it is to
> get here.

It's actually quite annoying, and I go somewhere on Penn Ave at least
three times a week.  And I drive.

But, this is all beside the point, since I don't give a bloody shit
about how easy or whatnot it is to get to Friendship/Bloomfield area
normally, I was only referring to showing up to some venue's door to
find out the concert moved 3 blocks down the street vs 3 miles.
Someone in that position is likely to think one of two things, "Man, I
just walked in the bloody heat to get over here, and now I have to
figure out how to get to Friendship?  I think drinking sounds like a
better idea," or, "Dammit, I *finally* found a parking spot after five
zillion loops around the block... Fuel and Fiddle is open, I think
I'll just go get a drink!"

As it was, I did see a bunch of people show up, buy a ticket from Joe,
and then go across to Mad Mex to go drinking.  You think they'd have
even shown up if they'd have had to go farther than 3 blocks between
venues?

> And even after all that - I'm not absolutely arguing that the show HAD to be
> moved to GA anyway.

Yes you are, because you've posted about a dozen posts arguing about
how this option was the optimal solution, everyone else is WRONG for
thinking otherwise!!!  Can you accept that Joe has said that he'll
keep you in mind for the future?  There really is NOTHING more than
can be done at this point, you're just being a pure unadulterated ass
at this point by trying to pound in our heads that GA IS TEH BEST Y0!
in more prolific terms.

> As I said before, there were other options that would have
> come to my mind IMMEDIATELY a lot quicker than Sphinx Cafe. Joe didn't think of
> them because he didn't have the experience I do.

You know, for all of your accusing of not knowing what I know or don't
know about the Bloomfield/Friendship area, you're making a lot of
assumptions about who all he did try to get in touch with.  I wouldn't
know, he didn't tell the list, he didn't tell me, and I'm sure he
didn't tell you.  So he didn't contact you personally, how sad.  He
might not have had your contact information while standing on a street
corner at 6:30pm that night going, "Oh fuck!"

The thing about all of your experience is that you seem to waste it on
being a total asshole so often, like now.  The professional would have
said from the start, "Hey!  I'm sorry you didn't have my contact
information, if you find yourself in this bind again, please feel free
to call me at this number!"  And when Joe said, "Oh, thank you!  I
will be sure to contact you in the future," you should be glad he's
doing so.  But instead you've had to POUND INTO OUR HEADS that his
choice was suboptimal, because he didn't use your facility.  You know,
this is why people tend to not want to deal with you.

Don't tell me that's not what you meant, because it doesn't matter.
That's exactly what you're coming across as.  I did ask you to take
this shit private, and you won't, you're not just insulting anyone who
dares contradict you on this list, so I'm doing this one publically.
After this, I don't give a bloody shit what you say or don't say,
because it's just going to be more defensive crap about how I'm wrong
based on some weird semblance of logic you're making up.  Whatever,
dude, grow up already.

> > Sure they can.  That's a line too often stated by assholes justifying
> > bad behaviour.
>
> It was a joke. I'm sorry I forgot the emoticon :)

So was mine.  But for reference, I'm past joking at this point.

--
gwen.
gamergothgeek