this Sautrday

Chris Rapier rapier1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 12:05:23 EDT 2006

On 6/8/06, Brian J. Parker <brian.j.parker at gmail.com> wrote:

> But more than anything, I like requests and I like playing what people
> want to hear.  So, where should I go?  Or do ya like me just like I
> am?  I'm not just looking for specific requests; I'm looking for
> general ideas.  What styles do you like?  What gets you out the door
> on Saturday night?

What would I want? Lets see... Music that I want to listen to. I don't
dance so I care more about how listenable a song is. Of course it
needs to be dancable but something that goes thud thud whirrr doesn't
do much more me. What I'd personally love to hear would be Bjork,
Foetus, Neubauten, The The, old Front 242, Birthday Party and the
various spin off (Nick Cave, Crime and the City Solution, These
Immortal Souls), Pixies, maybe some flat out rock songs (Stabilisers,
Pietasters, etc), and the like. I'd want to hear some newer things but
crashy noisy industrial makes me want to gouge out the DJ's eyes with
an oyster fork. I'm not going out to a club to be angry.

Anyway, I know it's a lot of older suff but that is what would get me
out the door.