probably a stupid question....

Jeremy David epistemology at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 15:21:19 EDT 2006

If I recall correctly, the first band to self-apply the term "Gothic"
to their own rock music in an interview was Siouxie and the Banshees.
However, the first band to be called "Gothic" by a music reporter was
Bauhaus.

The only band to ever *be* Gothic, however, is Vampire Nation.

On 6/9/06, Nirvanasdespair at aol.com <Nirvanasdespair at aol.com> wrote:
> i'm kinda new into the goth music scene and i was just wondering, who even
> first coined a band as goth? because that is not the first thing the term gothic
> was used for...trust me, a few years ago i took these pathetic classes on
> interior design....they were horrible i fell asleep...anywho...if someone could
> tell this naive and clueless soul, i'd appreciate it! thanks
>
> -Cassy

"A guy walks up to me the other day and asks, 'What is punk?' So I
kick over a garbage can and say, 'That's punk!' So he kicks over a
garbage can and says, 'That's punk?' And I say, 'No. That's trendy.'"
- Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day)