probably a stupid question....

maria rpd_girl at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 15:31:01 EDT 2006

well, I won't answer that I'm sure as everyobe else here would... but aside from the architectural reference of "gothic" there are many uses of that description in various forms of art, such as literature (Poe for example) because of it's structure, undertones, and context.

As for music (and described as a cultural sense), I had learned in a college music history and theory class that the French composer Joseph-Maurice Ravel was a goth back in the early 1900's.  "Boléro" is prolly the most well known. Apparently it was really big with "goth" teenagers at the time... or so my professor told me. He was a little crazy.

 And travellers now within that valley,
 Through the red-litten windows, see
 Vast forms that move fantastically
 To a discordant melody;