probably a stupid question....

j eric townsend jet at flatline.net
Fri Jun 9 17:46:50 EDT 2006

>Even other say that Siouxie Sioux and the Banshees were using that
>term to describe themselves before then. All in all its a confusing
>question whose answer really doesn't matter all that much.

It doesn't matter who invented it, what matters is that the Japanese perfected goth.  There is no more gothic band ever in the entire world than Malice Mizer.

When's the last time you saw any western goth band put together a decent set and costumes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYvS51095gc&search=malice%20mizer%20concert

(I have a DVD of that concert I could probably dupe for anyone that is interested.)

see also their music videos...

"the game of nothing" (rough translation)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmCru0VokSQ&search=malice%20mizer

Beast of Blood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8dCuhPMBV8&search=malice%20mizer

Illuminati:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGJfzO53uiQ&search=malice%20mizer%20illuminati

Bel Air: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVurlGmHgO8&search=malice%20mizer%20gothic

Malice Mizer understands it's better to look good than to sound good.   That is why are they MOST GOTH BAND EVER.

Oh, and Mana is a guy.   That's like triple goth points on the diagonal score if memory serves.
--
jet / KG6ZVQ
jet at flatline.net
pgp:   0xD0D8C2E8  AC9B 0A23 C61A 1B4A 27C5  F799 A681 3C11 D0D8 C2E8