pgh-goth-list Digest, Vol 34, Issue 9

Sc'Eric (dj.darkFIN) darkfin6012 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 04:07:58 EDT 2006

So, instead of Renn-Faires, how come no one ever puts together a summer-long Future Fest... where you put on funny clothes that you think looks futuristic (instead of renaissance or euro-dark ages) and folks play all manner of music that purports to have a futuristic aesthetic?  Each year they could take on a slightly different aesthetic--BladeRunner, Thunderdome, Stranger-in-a-Strange-Land, etc.  And the food-vendors can just sell little pellets of chalk and vodka-infused antifreeze, instead of all the money they invest in huge turkey drumsticks and crappy meade!  Put in gambling and you'd be set to have at least half the state show up, in my estimation.

Now, if only I could keep these ridiculous ideas to myself, I could make some money at them....  Actually, I'd always wanted a theme park like this, with different sections geared toward different tastes.  Is anyone agreeing with me on this?

As for the Ceremony Playlist... Regarding less "danceworthy" tunes... is that the whole reason Freeform Chaos came into existence--to give the folks a night with less "clublike" music.  I'm also the guy who'd rather have a darkambient futurist bar with stuff like Coil and Squaremeter and Ulf Soderberg droning in the background...

~sc'eric

ps. it's too bad Prince isn't Mormon.  I know several people--male and female--who'd wet their pants if it were him at the door trying to pawn off a "Book of Smith"

          PAdarkAlternative
  state-wide scene resource

    The Lion 90.7fm
  the soundtrack to Penn State