pgh-goth-list Digest, Vol 34, Issue 9

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Sun Jun 18 12:59:28 EDT 2006

Quoting Chris Rapier <rapier1 at gmail.com>:

But if these three people get together weekly and the beer is kept refrigerated,
they'll have enough beer for the next two months of get-togethers. The savings
is considerable, too. They'll save nearly a hundred dollars in club cover
charges during the course of finishing off those cases.
They'll save hours of primping or makeup, and possibly some money on clothes,
because who needs to look that good in front of only two other people. And
they'll also save a couple hundred more dollars by not buying these beers
individually at a club. This total of at least $300-400 or so can then be used
to purchase more music for the event, which supports independent musicians and
labels. Or they could pay a band to come play in their living room.

All this of course is assuming that no one else finds out about the
get-together. If they do, however, then it becomes Pittsburgh's next goth club.
Which is OK because with the $300-400 you save every couple months, some of that
can also go towards rent, which could cover portioning off a section of your
house or apartment and decorating it permanently for a club setting. Then it
could be open several nights a month. Any night you don't have to get up early
for work, you could have a darkambient lounge or a deathrock revival or an 80s
night etc.

This brings to mind the time Fred Nation and I were in Charlottesville VA
in 1997 and he played in a homemade DIY goth club that Bella Morte created in
their mom's basement. :)