pgh-goth-list Digest, Vol 34, Issue 20

Chris Rapier rapier1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 16:06:35 EDT 2006

Something else to consider is that every week is basically the same
crowd at the Upstage and this is the crowd that has lasted throughout
the years. This crowd is generally not that interested in dancing. So
that sort of sets the mood there and it has set the mood for years.
There is nothing wrong with it - its just different.

Also, don't skip the fact that wanting to get laid has something to do
with it. A lot of people at the upstage have generally moved past the
'lets fuck anything that moves' mindset. Or, just as importantly, any
one regular has basically fucked or screwed around with all of the
other regulars as he or she sees fit. So you don't have the impulse to
dance to impress. A lot of the younger kids were still in the 'hump
like bunnies' stage and dancing is part of the whole pre-humping
process for most people.