and one more thing...

Megan Irvine mirv01 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 14:08:40 EDT 2006

> gwen <gwenix at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) I was just noticing that the kids danced more.  I think it's
> because they had more energy than the older folks, really.  But they
> were also the ones hanging out around the dance floor while the older
> folks (even now) remain packed in by the bar.

And once again I have to stand up for my geriatric goth-ass: I
challenge any youth to last longer on the dance floor than me. I'm a
dance instructor, most of my students are younger than me, and I
regularly kick their asses in class. And I have many elder-goth friends
who can even outlast me on the dance floor. Maybe we're not
representative of the age-group, but isnt' this the goth community
where most folks are atypical anyway? Maybe this is just the common
mis-belief. It may seem like the kids danced more, but maybe there were
just more of them.

Megan Irvine aka mirv, aka Mavi, aka DarkThreads
http://people.tribe.net/mirvana
"Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving." --Kahlil Gibran