under/over

Ancilla Sea-Maid ancilla6 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 14:41:55 EDT 2006

Over the 9 years of observing Ceremony crowds,
no....I'd have to say Brian is right. this scene just
doesn't give a hoot. I've seen Brian go nuts just
bursting forth with mad technical skill, Arvin makes
his own remixes, guest DJs from all over do crazy
tricks, incredible technical mixing, and then at the
end of the day......people whine "the DJ changed the
song that was playing."

that's it. they whine that the song that was currently
playing got "messed with." I paid $400 for decent CD
decks that simulate the abilities of vinyl, and that
was a mistake. no one cares.

the Upstage CD players were recently replaced with a
pair of My First Sonys. and it wouldn't matter anyhow.
I noticed no difference in crowd reaction between
then, and when Brian brought in his own CD players and
I could beat-match again. oh wait. the one crowd
reaction I got was someone told us to quit mixing the
songs so much :o

- t