This isn't over re Jeremy David

Jeremy David epistemology at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 01:29:54 EST 2006

On 3/1/06, manny at telerama.com <manny at telerama.com> wrote:

> If he has remained here only to spread lies and innuendo because > he is now bitter about whatever has befallen him, he has another > thing coming.

I'm not bitter that you've shafted me. I don't need the money you
failed to pay me. What I'm bitter about is that you've done the same
thing habitually to many people who will never come back to Pittsburgh
to play another show because of you, and that you've done this to
people who aren't as lucky as I am and who couldn't afford it - people
who needed the money to get back home to the U.K. or to Mexico. You
know who I'm talking about. I don't care if anyone else does.

> Hell, I even sat behind those guys at a screening of 'The
> Aristocrats' last year, and as I recall, Jeremy was there, and he
> didn't say anything.

Yes, Manny. I didn't feel like having an altercation in a public movie
theatre with you when you saw me in the movie theatre and jogged up to
sit behind me, so I humored you. If that makes me a disingenuous fuck,
then I'm sorry, but I didn't feel like getting into it with you that
night. I felt like having a good time with my friends instead.

> I don't remember exactly when I had Thou Shalt Not play. But since > a lot of the time I actually had Alex Reed play (and not TSN), the
> number of times TSN appeared under my auspices is probably no > more than two.
>
> If Jeremy David can prove that I 'gave him the shaft'

No, Manny. I can't prove it. I have no way of proving anything on an
e-mail list, because of its very nature. But you know what you do, and
I know what you do, and that's all I care about. If you keep screwing
people over, you're eventually going to screw someone who isn't as
nice as most people and you're going to get seriously hurt or
arrested.

You're not seriously entertaining the idea that people believe you,
are you? You do know that you've been rated the Eighth Biggest Asshole
In Rock by the indie-rock bible, Chunklet, right? It's in print all
over the world. Look it up. It's in issue #15.

You do know that the WRCT training manual instructs DJs that if they
happen to see you on the premises, that they should call the call the
police immediately, right? Here's the manual:
http://www.wrct.org/station/WRCT-TheManual.pdf
It's on page 49. Look it up. There's a special section that tells DJs
to call the cops if they see you.

You do know that when your name is mentioned at parties all over the
country that the response is "Oh? Manny Thiener? Isn't he that little
asshole in Pittsburgh who screwed us over?" The answer to that
question is always, "Yes!" Your name is documented and known far and
wide as someone who is not to be trusted, but who is to be avoided,
and arrested if needs be. This is the fruit of your work.

I just wish that you would stop being such a jerk to people. You have
a lot to offer and some very special abilities, but until you decide
to be a responsible adult, you're going to keep hurting other people
and yourself, and the music that you love.

Please stop playing this stupid little game. We'll all benefit when
you do and I'll hold nothing against you.