shows in Cleveland vs. shows in Pittsburgh

Brian J. Parker brian.j.parker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 08:42:22 EST 2006

On 3/2/06, j eric townsend <jet at flatline.net> wrote:
> So, we just did the 2.5hr drive to Cleveland and back for the Meat Beat Manifesto show.
>
> Question is, how often should we plan on doing this in the future?

We tend to take more of the smaller, interesting acts (thanks to Manny
and Jim Semonick) but a many of the moderately-sized acts tend to go
to Cleveland because of the larger population base and historically
better turnout for shows.  Booking agents can be lazy and often just
call the people they worked with for the last tour.  Word of the way
Mr. Smalls is packing them in may start to get around and change that.

The bigger acts that cater to the G/I scene sometimes skip both and
just hit D.C. and Philly for short tours-- get used to travelling
there for your Covenants etc.!