my response

Joseph Presley jwp7 at pitt.edu
Thu Mar 9 08:07:30 EST 2006

Matt Condon wrote:
[snip]
> I was suggesting that tickets be made available to band members to sell
> beforehand.  No pressure, no *requirement* to sell them . . .  But
> obviously, if they want an audience, it would be in their best interest
> to try.

This sounds like an interesting idea, if as you stated, it's provided as
a service for the opening bands. The only way I can see that happening
is if the deal for the band included a percentage of the door after a
certain number of people show up. Then you can offer the band tickets in
  order to help them out.

How would you deal with the logistics? It doesn't sound like a trivial
problem to keep track of how many tickets the band sold and to get the
money from the band for the tickets they sold.

Take care

Joe