quittin' smoking

Mike Yacht meatnog at meatnog.com
Tue Mar 14 12:42:32 EST 2006

Honestly I think it is more an issue of annoyance than health.  Society has
a long history of passing laws that stop people from doing things other
people find offensive.   Hard to argue with the fact that cig smoke is
offensive unless you're the smoker.

Public nudity.

Public drunkenness.

Some places have laws against public swearing.

Etc...

Now, even within smoking, many places have 'rules' against cigar smoke.
Why?  Because it stinks even more than cig smoke.  Even the cig smokers have
double standards.

- Mike