quittin' smoking

Mike Yacht meatnog at meatnog.com
Tue Mar 14 13:03:42 EST 2006

> Well, for one, I don't want to have to go to the city to ask for a
> Smoking License, a Drinker's Permit, Sex Ration Stamps, Carnivore
> Coupons, and a forearm barcode tattoo that identifies me as approved
> to walk the streets during daylight hours without my electrical
> restraining collar - but only when travelling to and from work.
>
> Okay, the collar would be kinda cool, but you get the idea.
>
> Proprietors are currently and have always been free to open a bar that
> is non-smoking. Why do so few of them choose to do so without
> governmental coercement?

Except you DO have to get a license to sell booze and you DO have to have a
public hearing where anyone can come to say 'no you cannot sell booze here'
and then give reasons.

Oh, and I don't want the collar, I chafe easily.  But I like the sex ration
stamps, especially if they have an expiration date so I can go to my
girlfriend and say:  Baby, we have to have sex right now, our coupons are
about to expire.

-Mike