June 30: NIN and Bauhaus

Chris Rapier rapier1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 13:17:02 EST 2006

> I'm not as huge of a fan of NIN as I once was, but I would like to see
> Bauhaus live.  If tix are resonably priced, I'll probably be there. :)

Bauhaus is a good show. I saw them when the first got back together at
the Hammerstein Ballroom show (they recorded the Gotham Album there,
but I think it was on the previous night). Anyway, they are a good
time. Since Peter picked up the Islam there have been some changes in
the lyrics which are subtle but interesting. Technically they always
put on a wonderful show but I understand they are very sensitive to te
reaction they get from the audiences and an enthusiastic crowd will
bring out the very best shows.

Also, just for the record - I don't think Bauhaus should ever have
gotten back together. However, being that they are back together, they
really shouldn't release a new album. Very few reunion albums approach
the legacy - which just leads to disappointment [cf Janes Addiction],
which of course, is utterly gothic.