PGH Downtempo -- Good and Evil?

gwen gwenix at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 14:01:50 EST 2006

On 3/20/06, Deeann M.M. Mikula <deeann at d33ann.com> wrote:
> mean, I think every human has a compassion drive, when do we learn
> selfishness, or is that a biological (uhoh) drive, too?

Research done at the preschool here on CMU campus done in the early
70's (I think I was one of those researched upon) showed that children
learn to share with other children at the age of 2.  In fact, it was
shown that children who did not interact with other children at the
age of 2 tended to have difficulty learning sharing and other
altruistic concepts later in life.

So, in fact, we learn to be selfless; and this learning starts around
the age of 2.  :)

(This research may be dated, of course.)

--
gwen.
gamergothgeek