Of A Mesh is on Soundclick!

Chris Rapier rapier1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 17:57:21 EST 2006

On 3/20/06, Kelly Ashkettle <kellyashkettle at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Isn't this in the FAQ yet?
>
>   Manny: I started the Pittsburgh goth scene in 1988 with my Of a Mesh show that drew over 300 people.
>
> Rapier: Norm Veenstra was doing bigger shows than that before then.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that isn't true. Its just demonstrable that
there is no way he could have gotten 300 people to a goth show if
there wasn't already a 'goth' scene. Its not like The Garden sprang
fully formed from Manny's loins the night of that show. Or maybe it
was like that! My God! MANNY IS THE CREATOR!

However, all bullshit aside, that was a damn fine show - though I
still think Slave Cave was better than Of A Mesh. Goth cover's of Neil
Young songs are just wonderful.