London (Was: Goth Doctors?)

Jordan Harris jdecay at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 21 20:54:47 EST 2006

Yeah, Camden Market is good for shopping and just hanging out. I always make
it a point to stop and shop at Resurrection Records (though it was still
cash-only a few years ago) and the Black Rose. The Darkside is relatively
new, but has a nice selection of clothes. Cyberdog may or may not have
clothes of interest to you, but it's a fun experience to walk through, with
all the futuristic decour, LEDs, and blacklights.

The Wallace Collection (nearish to the Baker St. tube stop) is a neat
collection of fine art and medieval weaponry. It works, believe it or not.

The food in London has changed alot. Traditional pub food especially has
gotten quite tasty (and even vegetarian-friendly).

The London Dungeon is a tourist trap, but it's cheesy and ghoulish fun. It's
grown from a warehouse with a few wax models and a few antique torture
devices into a full-blown experience, complete with a water-ride (when it's
working).

Near the London Dungeon is the Old Operating Theatre, dating from the 17th
century. The operating table bears quite a few deep gouges from the
amputations performed on it.

If you're interested in the theatre, I suggest going to Piccadilly Circus in
the morning to scout for discounted tickets. It can be luck of the draw, but
you can net some great bargains.