nostalgia (was Re: Goth Doctors?)

Kelly Ashkettle kellyashkettle at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 10:57:28 EST 2006

I first encountered Diaper Man at a Vesago fetish event in Philadelphia in about 1998 or 1999. I rounded a corner and there he was, getting paddled. He later moved to Pittsburgh and started showing up at my fetish events instead. I have to turn to http://www.gothbandphotos.com/past to jog my memory about the specifics.

  I am not positive, but I think I remember him showing up at my very first fetish event, "Ceremony 2001: a fetish odyssey", on May 14, 1999.

  It looks like "Big Top Ceremony: a fetish circus" featuring Cult of the Psychic Fetus and Crocodile Shop, was held on March 24, 2001, and then "Fetish of the Orient" was the next show, on June 9, 2001.

I definitely remember Diaper Man being at Big Top Ceremony. I remember Lady Victoria Frost telling me how she kept him happy by making him sit in pie tins full of whipped cream. I think this was also the infamous evening where he was asking people to take his temperature in the middle of the bar.

There was another incident with Diaper Man at my "Respect" fetish event on August 31, 2002. I believe one of the bouncers at The Upstage caught him lying in the middle of the floor, jerking off inside his diaper. As I recall, the bouncer quite literally *threw* him out of the club for that, and very much enjoyed having an excuse to do it. That was the last time I remember seeing Diaper Man.

  The polehumper's name was Elliot. Very nice guy who had a habit of shimmying up one of the big poles/beams in Laga in the middle of Ceremony, and dancing by, well, humping the pole. I have a picture of him doing it at my August 12, 1999 Faith and the Muse show, but I believe he moved to somewhere like State College not too long after that.

  --Kelly

Christopher tm <xopher.tm at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 3/22/06, Jeremy David wrote:

> This is the first known sighting of Diaper Man in the wild. It is not the last.

I think he predates the Psychic Fetus show; at least to my (admittedly
very faulty) memory.*

He did inspire the famous Rapier quote, "He put it in his ass! There's
shit in there!"**

I have seen him in complete regalia - diaper, bonnet, blankie, ballet
slippers (?), and oversize binkie. A sight to behold for sure. One
man's nightmare is another man's fetish; go figure.

* Was Kelly A's 'Fetish of the Orient' event before CotPF?
** Or words to that effect. It was a popular .sig for a while.***
*** By the by, whatever became of The Polehumper since we're being all
nostalgic an'at?
--
Christopher tm