Thanks for Rocking!

Joseph Presley mordantproductions at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 10:22:37 EDT 2006

Thank you so much for coming out to support the show
last night. We had about 160 people come out to the
Dead Man's Party. You guys are really the reason we
were able to get a kick ass show put together last
night, even though the venue was shut down! You all
deserve a round of applause. Without all of the
excitement and energy of the scene, we wouldn't have
been able to put in the long hours for three months to
get this show together. The pre-sales were also
-crucial- in being able to change the venue at the
last minute. I cannot stress this enough. Thank you so
much for your patience when we had to delay the doors
open time.

For those of you who have not heard, we found out two
hours before the doors were to open that the Oakland
Cafe had indeed shut down because they had no
insurance. This was a really big surprise. The night
before they let the sound engineer, Jerry O'Neil (who
was absolutely awesome in getting the sound to be as
good as it was without a full sound check), in to redo
the sound system for our show.

I would also like to give a long, overdue thanks to
everyone who has helped us on this amazing journey. I
had been meaning to do this for a long time, but there
have been so many people who have helped I was afraid
I'd forget people. So here goes.

Thanks to...

...Pegritz who has been my right hand man for the past
couple months. He created the really cool fliers and
helped me figure out how to do stuff. Unfortunately he
was unable to attend the show.

...the bands who absolutely rocked. Bella Morte,
ThouShaltNot, and Chuck Owston & Bonfire Night were
willing to take a hit in their pocketbooks just to
help the from the very beginning of this project to
the very end. Without them being so flexible, the show
last night might have been canceled. Fortunately
because of the support from the scene, we were able to
pay them, although they deserve a heck of a lot more.

...my crew of volunteers who worked their butts off
for weeks and on the day of the show. They are the
reason the show went as smoothly as it did. They went
above and beyond the call of duty. Quite a few of them
were even sick as dogs and really shouldn't have been
working. The volunteers were Ashley and Tim, Patricia
from Between the Waters (which is a really cool band
that you should check out at
http://www.betweenthewaters.com/), Jay, Patty (who's
DJing at Ceremony this coming week as DJ Candyblades),
Mirv, J.D., and Mirv's friend (who's name I forgot)
who has got to be the friendliest bouncer in
Pittsburgh. Please accept my apologies if I forgot
you.

...the Sphinx Cafe in Oakland
(http://www.sphinx-cafe.com/) who were really awesome
and let us use their space at a second's notice.

...former promoters and current promoters in
Pittsburgh who taught me the ropes of putting together
shows. Kelly Ashkettle was invaluable. DJ Imperium
(who unfortunately could not DJ, but did provide the
music for between the bands), Distortion Productions,
all of the Night Shift DJs, ICUM, Jamie, and too many
others to name were absolutely supportive.

...the street team who worked their butts off to get
the word out and everyone else that helped spread the
word.

...to everyone else who I may have forgotten but
deserves it.

Joe
Mordant Productions