Don't miss this.

Manny manny at garfieldartworks.com
Tue Aug 14 22:55:18 EDT 2007

Mali and Jaggery already played twice at Garfield Artworks on good,
diverse bills.
Yes it is very much a Kate Bush/Dresden Dolls thing. Although I am
surprised you didn't mention Ditty Bops,
Tori Amos and Regina Spektor. So, yes she is channelling many people
(as well as maybe a couple of
Hindu deities), so it's kind of a stalemate between said unearthliness
and imitation. Though it is certainly better
than many other things. Including most other things around here. That
song 'Elfin Arietty' about her dog is
especially beguiling even if you know what it's about.
I think Jordan Decay was at the first of those two shows. I announced
it on gothy places (such as Livejournal).
You can ask him how it was if you see him. The second time, she brought
the new female harpist. That was a treat. Too bad you missed it. :)

Anyway, Mali decided to move here for a couple months. That's why she
wound up doing semi-regular gigs
at Howler's (which btw has a 24-channel board and solid soundman now -
you missed the Hungarian Folk Ensemble show I did there, but never
mind, there were 120 people anyway) and Club Cafe, as well as a return
gig to GA, and showed up at open mike nights such as the Rex. Which is
how you met her.

She is moving back to NYC. But she will be back soon. In the meantime
you are welcome to catch much the
same vibe, along with quite a few striped-stocking teenage girls,
frolicking lesbians, and wide-eyed middle-aged
babyboomers, at the Ditty Bops show on Sun Sept 2 at Mr Smalls Theatre.

P.S. You should probably post this announcement on a list of people
that actually go to see live music. :)
Just kidding, guys. Not really.