pgh-goth-list Digest, Vol 48, Issue 4

Manny manny at garfieldartworks.com
Thu Aug 16 13:08:59 EDT 2007

The 'ass' is not me.
I think by your definition, even, an 'ass' would be someone who keeps
saying annoying things which are patently
untrue, yet offers no solution.
So, that would not be me.
I say annoying things which are true. And have been offering solutions
for 20 years.
I'm the one who has 25 shows in August alone. What are you doing?

No, the real 'ass' is the scene.
A scene unable to support core G/I acts with decade-long histories. Or
local bands, for that matter.
(e.g. Ana-Vey, certainly the best dark-music band in the city other
than maybe Reinforced & Prometheus, has been around for a couple years,
and you don't know who they are, even though they've played a few major
shows).
A scene that longs for Oakland long after Oakland has died. The answer
to that is not just to do more shows in the Strip District or the South
Side. It's dead, people, give it up already and move to Bloomfield and
Lawrenceville like the rest of us did five years ago.

A scene stuck in a past with no foreseeable future.

I just report the facts as they happen.

-mt