neofolk v/a question

Richard Claypool bellevue.bat at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 20:28:49 EST 2007

Hi,

A friend was asking me to recommend a good neofolk dark folk whatever v/a
package.  the only one I have is In Search of Europe or soemthing along
those lines.  Can anyone recommend any others?

Maybe I don't get the Neofolk spectrum, but a lot of stuff on that comp,
imho, is utter shit.

I figured this would be a good place to ask.

There are bands in that style that I definatly follow, but don't have any
v/as besides the one mentioned ablove.  It's strange, because I have an
entire rack full of v/a comps.

Rick

Suffering was it, and impotence, that created all backworlds; and the short
madness of happiness, which only the greatest sufferer experienceth.
Weariness, which seeketh to get to the ultimate with one leap, with a
death-leap; a poor ignorant weariness, unwilling even to will any longer,
that created
all Gods and backworlds.
-- Nietzsche, "Von den Hinterweltlern" ("Of backworldsmen")