Chuck is looking for a Violinist/in the loop.

CHAD or Lisa vequinoxmusic at msn.com
Thu Dec 20 13:06:30 EST 2007

Chuck says:
Bonfire Night, Pittsburgh's only Medieval Hard Rock band is currently looking for either an electric violinist or an electric cello player. Our violinist, is moving to Hawaii and we are seeking a replacement. We wish her well in her new endeavors.What we require : an electrified instrument, a medium to large amplifier (so you are not lost in the mix), a willingness to "dress the part," and wear appropriate clothing -- not just jeans and a t shirt -- for upcoming performances. And somewhat a knowledge of Celtic/Olde English/Nordic music. We also want someone who will be committed to this band, not just as a stopping off place on the way to their next project. We've dealt with that in the past, and it just doesn't work. If this is something you don't have a passion for, don't waste either of our times.The music is dark, gothic, Celtic inspired and heavy, yet we are moving in a direction (the last 4 new songs) toward the dark Nordic music currently coming out of Scandinavia. Think Turisas, Tyr and the like. Call it folk metal. battle metal, Viking metal, whatever. It's an influence, like early Fairport Convention, Steeleye Span, King Crimson and the Fields of the Nephilim are an influence. If you have an interest, contact us on our myspace page. http://www.myspace.com/bonfirenightmusic
Leave a phone number where you may be reached.Topic...In the loop:> Have you ever noticed that Mordant, Manny and the Gothees are the only bands/promoters who effectively post here? What gives with that? I know there are relevant local musicians (who should be receiving this email) who don't bother to post here? Why the hell not?

Yes, many do not read or are too uptight to post.
This list is kinda outta style.....I guess.
I agree with Brian:
Because only about a dozen people read this anymore, and half of themdon't go to shows anyway. For a while you could keep up in pghgoth onLiveJournal. I assume now that if you want to be in the loop, youhave to be reading MySpace or Facebook or something else I'm too oldto know about. Also, I don't think we have the same kind of altruistic culture thatwe used to.

BTW....
What the hell am I?
Chopped Liver?
~Lisa