Vocal Gems

Ralph cpdavngr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 12:54:51 EST 2007

This has happened to me on multiple occasions and it really pisses me off
because they are bands I really want to see (i.e. Rasputina). I don't go to
Ceremony much anymore, but that doesn't mean there aren't any goth shows I
want to go to.  It's like if you're not direct friends with the band members
or on their specific mailing list, then you're just not in the know.  Also,
I've seen a lot of bands using MySpace as their main form of communication.
MySpace is a great concept for this, but not everyone has a MySpace account
nor does everyone have access to the MySpace site (or even likes MySpace for
that matter *insert rant here*). Most people at least have access to the
internet/email.  Granted, jobs may prevent you from visiting certain sites,
but I can almost guarantee that your job will block MySpacedotcom before
they block wwwdotblahblahbanddotcom.  Please, get a normal website in
addition to your MySpace/LJ account and update it regularly.  For a simple
website, it's not that difficult to do...really it's not.

Although no one seems to post shows very often to the mailing list anymore,
they do seem to post them to LiveJournal (LJ).  If you're posting to LJ, is
it asking too much too much to take the extra 30 seconds to send an email to
the mailing list as well?

Street promoting is another issue all together as it takes a lot of time to
go throughout the Pittsburgh area posting flyers.  If you've got the time
and manpower, take an afternoon and do it.  Otherwise, the least you can do
is post it to the most accessible electronic outlets available to the
largest number of people to promote your show.
*steps down off soapbox*

-Ralphie