Vocal Gems

Jordan Harris jdecay at worldnet.att.net
Sat Dec 22 10:19:50 EST 2007

I think that one of the differences between today's scene and the scene of
the last decade was that now, more than ever, finding out about shows
requires a more active participation.

When compiling the concert listing for my zine, I check bands' myspace pages
(though often times the bulletin feature provides notification as well, if
one is on a band's friends list), venue websites, check the City Paper,
check the previously mentioned former-Roboto bulletin board, and keep my eye
out for flyers when I'm out. It doesn't really take that long, it's just
that there's no one-stop source for the information, and checking requires a
bit of diligence.

Word of mouth also helps, but it's not necessarily the first
line-of-promotion these days.