Smoking At Ceremony?

Brian J. Parker brian.j.parker at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:25:10 EDT 2007

On 5/2/07, Jeremy David <epistemology at gmail.com> wrote:

> I like you guys and I'm always up for fun. I just gotta say that
> trying to dance while hacking up a lung is decidedly un-fun for me. As
> is trying to bike home with a chest full of tar. So I guess I gotta
> pass this time.
>
> - Jeremy
>
> P.S. I now await being called an anti-smoking fascist Nazi.

In my opinion, you aren't being unreasonable, as long as you
understand that bars are a business and they are going to tend to make
their smoking decisions based on maximizing profit.  If you're that
sensitive to it, you've got to decide whether the fun of going
outweighs whatever misery you feel.

Smoke does bother me a lot, too, and when I DJ I sometimes have to go
outside for a little while during the night.

I'm sure a few bar owners wouldn't mind a smoking ban, so they
wouldn't feel like they had to allow smoking in order to compete.