Smoking At Ceremony?

Brian J. Parker brian.j.parker at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:54:18 EDT 2007

On 5/2/07, Jeremy David <epistemology at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, the issue gets a little hazy when you view it from the
> perspective that international tobacco companies have a de facto
> monopoly on entertainment locations. And we have special rules about
> monopolies.
>
> And it also gets hazy from a personal rights issue. The old "Your
> right to swing your arm ends at my nose." applies to cigarettes too, I
> think.

This isn't really about Pegasus in particular, then, I don't think;
it's about whether or not there should be a smoking ban.  If there
isn't a smoking ban, then it is almost impossible for a bar to survive
without allowing smoking, so Pegasus has little choice.  So rather
than asking the goth list, we need to ask our Allegheny County
legislators, or at least Common Pleas Judge Michael A. Della Vecchia.

Anybody who thinks voting doesn't matter: it's very easy for a small
number of people to swing local elections.  If you live in Allegheny
County and are 18, these are your representatives.