Visa delay clusterfux

Jeremy epistemology at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 11:20:28 EDT 2007

I understand the desire to blame George Bush for every inconvenience
in American life. And I would agree that anti-terrorism paranoia has
been way out of hand ever since 2001.

However, this sort of problem has happened to more than a few bands in
the past, simply because they didn't take care of the paperwork
properly and in a timely fashion. I don't know the details of this
latest snafu, but the fact is, nearly every country requires you to
fill out paperwork months ahead of time if you want to work in their
country -- even the enlightened Scandinavian countries (the ones who
make Linux and fair-skinned fashion models) make you fill out gobs of
paperwork nearly a year ahead of time before you go there to work. And
if you fuck up the paperwork, they don't let you in.

So, before we all get worked up in a frenzy and go burn down the
Department of Homeland Security headquarters, lets find out what the
situation really is here.

- Jeremy