Fwd: Alex Farrell

Wandi Bruine de Bruin wandi at cmu.edu
Wed Apr 16 17:11:48 EDT 2008

Everyone,

I am very sorry to report that Alex Farrell just passed away. His body was
found at his home in San Francisco
Tuesday afternoon.

You may have known him as bald Alex from the Laga days. Since leaving
Pittsburgh he has been on the faculty at UC
Berkeley, where he has continued to actively collaborate with a number of my
colleagues at Carnegie Mellon.
He was a wonderful friend and an outstanding researcher making supurb
contributions to energy and environmental policy.

Needless to say all of us who knew him are in shock.  We deeply mourn his
loss.

Wandi