Introduction

gwen gwenix at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 10:42:55 EST 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 5:24 PM, joel monyok <jmonyok at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am brand new to this list and wanted to say greetings. My name is
> XXX-Sasha-XXX and I'm a goth from long ago. I enjoy listening to the
> old stuff, like Bauhaus or The Cure, but over the years I have
> enjoyed, Switchblade Sympathy, Faith and The Muse, Cruxshadows, and
> Black Tape for Blue Girl. More recently I have been following
> Aggrotech and terror EBM. I live in Greensburg,PA and looking to make
> friends in the community.

Greetings.  Are you planning to make it into Pittsburgh, or are you
stuck in Greensburg?  I am unfamiliar with most of Greensburg, I only
know the Palace Theater (happily saw Social D there recently-ish!) and
Red Star Brewery there, neither of which are fundamentally goth.

However, here in Pittsburgh we have a few events around town, and some
up and coming things.  Last night I went to The Upstage Nation at The
Smiling Moose in the Southside; they played mostly EBM/Synthpop hits
from the past few years, so it may be up your alley from your brief
description.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?  I've been out of the
loop mostly, so can't really attest to much personally.  But it might
also be prudent for us to use this as an excuse to update ourselves on
what is available now that Ceremony is gone.

--
Gwendolyn R. Schmidt