a message from Christian Death's booking agent

Jeremy epistemology at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 14:40:46 EDT 2008

Bands like Pink Floyd and Genesis (two good examples of bands which
lost their lead singer but kept on going anyway) kept the name and the
vision of the band throughout with no break. Pink Floyd continued to
be about psychadelia, Genesis continued to be about prog. However, the
band Christian Death ceased to exist, and then was brought back in a
different form and in a different artistic direction. Nowadays there's
only one original member if I'm not mistaken.

Not that "original membership" in a band should make a giant
difference in my opinion. Caring a lot about original membership is
just playing into the culture of celebrity -- one of the points Pink
Floyd made in The Wall. But the band sounds very different than they
used to. They're a different *kind* of band with one member holding
the string tenuously together, and a lot of time between then and now.

So, does that make them the "real" Christian Death? Does it matter? I
guess that's an aesthetic decision that each listener can make for
themselves.