Fri 6/13 @ 31st St Pub: CHRISTIAN DEATH

John anhedonia77 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 8 19:15:28 EDT 2008

 >Christian Death's last three - four albums (if one includes the Lovers of
 >Sin side-project) have all been quite good.

I'd definitely agree with that. I really liked "American Inquisition". I
guess the
Rozz vs. Valor debate will go on forever. I think it's a shame because a
lot of
people have missed out on some good albums over the years because of it.
It's
been Valor's band for quite some time and I think he's done a good job
with the
band over the past 20 some years.  You'd think after 20 years the argument
would have ended.

 >If I had to vote, I'd put Valor's Christian Death far ahead of Rozz's. His
 >work after Christian Death was where he really came into his own.
Premature
 >Ejaculation, his spoken word albums, Shadow Project, all were better than
 >his Christian Death. More challenging to the listeners and more skillfully
 >accomplished (for the most part).

I'd agree with that as well. While I still love listening to "Only
Theatre Of Pain",
his work after Christian Death was for the most part excellent. I really
liked Daucus
Karota as well.

John