As the Goth turns..

gwen gwenix at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 15:01:21 EST 2008

Well, I also saw an article in one of the papers in the last couple
days (drat, forget which one at this point, got distracted by election
news) about how Russia is beefing up its missile defenses again, "For
fear of attack from the USA."  I've heard in a few other places that
there might be a resurge of the Cold War with them again.

But yah, Pakistan and India pointing nukes at each other has always
been something I've not been happy about.

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Jeremy <epistemology at gmail.com> wrote:
> Retro trends always come back thirty years later. Just wait until
> Pakistan starts to really go berserk. We'll be worried about a nuclear
> holocaust all over again. It'll be like when bell bottoms came back,
> except with more horror.
>

> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 11:18 AM, j. eric townsend <jet at flatline.net> wrote:
>> gwen wrote:
>>>
>>>   ..in the 1980s, we were worried about something that would affect us.
>>>   That would kill us.
>>>   At any time.
>>>    With little or no warning.
>>
>> Yeah, I was trying to explain MAD and Reagan and the 80s to some
>> 20somethings the other day and they just didn't have a context for it.  The
>> worst thing terrorists could do is attack a city, and since they're in
>> Pittsburgh, they didn't seem too worried.
>>

>> --
>> J. Eric "jet" Townsend, CMU Master of Tangible Interaction Design '09
>>
>> design: www.allartburns.org; hacking: www.flatline.net;  HF: KG6ZVQ
>> PGP: 0xD0D8C2E8 AC9B 0A23 C61A 1B4A 27C5 F799 A681 3C11 D0D8 C2E8

Gwendolyn R. Schmidt