As the Goth turns..

manny at garfieldartworks.com manny at garfieldartworks.com
Fri Nov 7 15:01:43 EST 2008

All correct, except I don't even think industrial is that popular anymore
because the younger scene
has moved goth largely into the 'emo' category so the Hot Topic bands are
where the action is, if there is any. Good comment about Next Level X!

Also, I'm not sure about Terror-EBM, but Power Noise is definitely NOT
coming out of the rave or techno scene - powernoise progenitors like
Esplendor Geometrico were not techno, they were considered industrial. I
would say that Powernoise today is an offshoot of industrial and noise but
influenced more by beats and clubs. It's not big in the US, so it's
certainly not the equivalent of
the rave influence on Futurepop, which is nothing but trance techno with
dark vocals.