Machine Improvisations

Brian J. Parker brian.j.parker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 14:26:10 EDT 2009

There are enough people on this list interested in
experimental/electronic music that I thought I'd share this related
event:

http://www.jainteractive.com/traf/event_detail.asp?eventid=53

Machine Improvisations brings together a body of work created by an
international group of artists, musicians, designers and filmmakers
who share a common interest in exploring unseen and unheard
audiovisual territories. By means of hacking, coding and soldering,
they built their own tools and instruments tailored to their specific
needs and wishes. These tools allow complete freedom when interacting
with the electronic signals and digital processes. In doing so, they
have each created their own unique vocabulary of audiovisual
expression and composition. The presented works are at times visually
violent, sonically extreme and physically intimidating, but most of
all they give intriguing insights into the machines and the
omnipresent digital environments with which we interact on a daily
basis.