Bunnymen

Sc'Eric (aka sc'Que?) scque at ymail.com
Sun Nov 8 04:59:48 EST 2009

You know, not everyone in State College is a college student, Manny.  I would also point out that we are equi-distant from Baltimore, Philly and Pgh.  So, really, booking State College COULD be a better option for small-venue bands who are looking to maximize their tour time.

Promoters who've come and gone from here have been thinking that for years.  But it's only recently that the town has grown enough to reasonably put us on the map.  If you'd visit here, you'd see that this town is nearly twice the size it was 20 yrs ago.  And though there are very few venues at our disposal, there is certainly no reason why the ones we do have shouldn't be employed to their fullest capacity.

Likewise, I could surely go to a bigger city to sell the cocktails I mix.  Sure, there would already be people there who appreciate complex cocktails.  But that really wouldn't make the world a better place, would it?  It would just reinforce the status quo.

In the same way, if everyone in small towns perpetuate the mentality like you've expressed, those towns will only be stagnant, and State College will only succeed in being a white-trash, frat-boy college community.

Some of us, however, prefer to BE the change we wish to see in the world.

~sc'Que?

From: manny at garfieldartworks.com
Subject: Echo & the Bunnymen

What a strange place to book a Bunnymen gig, anyway. State College?  College kids have no idea who the Bunnymen are.

Must have been the work of Drusky, he does a lot of shows at the State Theatre.